
I loved having sisters growing up and especially love it now! My sisters have turned into some of my very best friends! Each time we have a new baby and find out it is a girl, I am so excited to be giving my daughters another sister. I have always hoped they too would have close friendships.
I am currently reading a book by Dr. Laura about the joys of being a stay at home mom. She talks about how a mothers' compensation is hugs, loves, and kisses, amongst the other joyous moments you get to be present for. Sometimes, it is hard to be patient and wait for those moments.
Olivia and Aubree are beginning to form a strong friendship. They stand up for each other, watch out for each other, and even care about the others feelings (sometimes). Yeah!
I was leaving for the store with Aubree the other day and told Livs to stay home with Brad because she didn't have her job completed. Aubs broke down in big alligator tears and cried, "Don't leave Olivia, she's my best friend!" It was so sweet.
Anytime and every time I give them a choice, Aubs replies, "What is Olivia having?" She then wants to have the exact same thing as her.
While I was making dinner the other night, the girls were sitting at the table coloring. Without looking up Olivia said, "Aubree I love you." To which Aubs replied, "I love you too Olivia." They both continued to color as if nothing had been said, but I had to stop what I was doing to relish that sweet moment.
These moments might not happen too often, but this IS my compensation and I love it! I just have to remember them during all those other not so fun moments. I know what it was like growing up with a LOT of sisters. They too will hit their teens and fight over clothes and everything else you can think of, but for now, I will just enjoy these moments. I sure love these girls!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Sisters and Friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That's so sweet, I love having a sister! and having 5 wonderful sister in laws!
What a sweet post! How great that they are learning to be best friends. Your girls are so cute.
you know, i was always so jealous of you guys. i wanted a sister so badly because i saw how much fun you guys always had. how wonderful that your daughters will have the same. i just love it....hopefully i'll get ivy a sister some day...
how sweet! (I know the others said that too, but that was my first thought before I saw the other comments) It is times like these that keep us going.
sisters are the best. wish you lived closer though.
Post a Comment