I know that I haven't posted in quite a while. Things have been quite crazy around here recently. We have spent the last two months planning, preparing, and organizing a 5K race in conjunction with Applefest, the fall festival in our small town. What an interesting, busy experience it has been. I didn't know anything about being a race director! I think that everything will be a lot easier next year. I have met a lot of new people and now that all is said and done, I can say that it was a good, fun experience. We had about 150 people show up to run the race and the weather was beautiful, if not a bit chilly. My parents, Shay, and Alexi were all here to help. (Mom got a taste of what a handful Maddie is!) We couldn't have done it without them. Olivia ran the race and loved it. She was so proud of herself that she was faster than a seven year old. My dad has been inspired to start running and plans to run the race next year. He will just have to come in first, because we need him to run the timing equipment again. Thanks to everyone for your help and patience with me these last two months while I have neglected to read my emails, call people, keep up with friendships, and get things done. I love you all! Now back to normal life.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Missing In Action
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is really cool that you did that. I have run a couple of 5k's this year and know what fun it can be! What a good addition to applefest! They are lucky to have you.
Impressive!! I hope you had a great birthday even though it sounds like you have been crazy busy! Love ya!
Amber
Wow! Sounds like you have been keeping busy, and having fun with it, too, which is always nice.
yeah sounds like fun! hope you had a happy birthday!
Post a Comment