Saturday, April 17, 2010

Born to play soccer!

I think that we have found Olivia’s call in life. She was born to play soccer! (Well that and be a dancing princess) This is the first season Olivia has played and she is an all star. It took her a couple of games to realize how much she liked it, but now that she understands the rules and how the game works, she is unstoppable. She is really fast and can just keep going, which gives her a real advantage. I can not believe how aggressive and fast she is. Did I mention she is fast? Even though she is not old enough, I take her to Girls on the Run with me. I guess that is the advantage of being the coaches’ daughter. My point being, that she runs a lot to keep up with the older girls and has built up her lung strength, leg muscles, and has great endurance. Sometimes I can’t even keep up with her. I can barely get Olivia to change out of her dresses, take off her tiara, and put on her cleats, but when she does, she is on fire. And, I have turned into one of those soccer moms I vowed I’d never be – SCARY! (you know, the one that yells from the side lines) It is bound to get worse - she is only six.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

that doesn't surprise me. Olivia is good at everything. All your little ones are so cute. It's fun being a mom huh?

Jeff and Rebecca said...

Way to go Olivia! She is totally a go-getter. Tyler loves soccer as well, but he's more of a defense player than offense. He doesn't want to get in anybody's way. :)
Olivia sure is going to keep you busy!