My beautiful, list making sister recently wrote a list of 101 things she would like to accomplish in the next 1001 days. I thought that this was such a great idea that I started to work on my own list. It is not an easy feat and has taken me quite a while to accomplish. I am excited about this list. Like Amity, I too like to make lists and to cross things off. I wasn't going to put this on my blog, but I figured it would help me to actually work on these things. I am now accountable.
1. have a tea party with my girls - we will probably drink lemonade
2. be confident on the piano
3. sew a rag doll with the girls - a little house on the prairie school project
4. practice my violin again - I recently pulled it out and had it restrung and tuned
5. complete a full year of food storage - how do you know when enough is enough?
6. go to the dentist - haven't been since I've been married, it's probably about time!
7. organize and redo pantry - I have a great idea
8 read the Book of Mormon every morning - this would probably help me through the day
9. get up and ready before the kids - i am really not a good morning person
10. defrost and clean out freezer - good idea amity
11. print pictures, organize, and back up on hard drive - that will cost a fortune
12. paint house - not the brick, the trim
13. take kids backpacking - of course brad will be there too
14. finish guest bathroom - frame around mirror, build shelving, hook board, and hang pictures
15. start and finish a journal - don't know that I have ever done this
16. update blog and turn into a book - i am working on this
17. finish hanging, and paint all of the doors in the house - we have only lived there for 3 1/2 years
18. learn to use my camera in manual mode - easier said than done
19. get cupboard doors - like I said, it has only been 3 1/2 years
20. start a gratitude journal - i think we should all be more grateful
21. finish the kids outside playground area - i need brad for this one
22. landscape the front yard - first impressions you know
23. take each child on a one-on-one date - this should be fun, Aubs wants Chuckie Cheese
24. teach the kids to swim - or put them in swim lessons
25. get new couches - i can't wait
26. finish the coin collection grandma started for me - thanks grams
27. go to every temple in Utah - currently 13
28. learn to use photo shop - i need to purchase this first
29. wash all house windows - inside and out
30. find a solution in house for winter clothes - i made a place in the garage, but it doesn't get warm enough to dry the clothes
31. make a fhe chart - long overdue
32. pay off 30% of our mortgage - good luck to me
33. go visiting teaching every month - i'll have to make phone calls while i am here in Canada
34. follow Dave Ramsey - this should help with paying down the mortgage
35. let each kid help cook on a different night a week - and please help me be patient
36. get the piano tuned - it might be too old
37. watch the new years ball fall in times square - I have always wanted to go to NYC
38. go to a Broadway play - I can do #36 & #37 on the same trip or separate - i don't care
39. make menus and follow them - i hear this helps keep the grocery bill down
40. teach Olivia to do her own laundry - and maybe Aubree's and Madelyn's too
41. Complete our 72 hour kits
42. change water in our food storage - this is such a daunting task
43. teach Aubree to read - it is nice that she is eager to learn
44. go on cruise with Brad - I think that it is the best way to travel
45. take the family to general conference
46. do 1000 piece puzzle - lets do this together am, maybe for shay's birthday
47. actually send out Christmas cards - every year I have good intentions
48. fix my watch and wear it - i love my watch, shay gave it to me years ago, it just needs a battery
49. be on time - the watch will probably help
50. can tomato salsa - brad loves salsa
51. call my high school friends - i love these girls and never make an effort to see them - let's do lunch
52. have another kid - i know that it is inevitable and should probably happen in the next three years since my baby is currently going on three.
53. read the BOM in 40 days - it has been a challenge i have been wanting to do for a long time
54. no candy for one year - i didn't say cookies, or brownies, or cakes....
55. go skydiving
56. sew the tramp together - i hate how the sun deteriorates things
57. plant a tree - probably the honey crisp apple tree I have sitting at my house in a pot right now
58. read the standard works
59. make shutters for my house - dad, where are you? I need help!
60. build a greenhouse - we have the supplies, just need to pop it up
61. go on a church history road trip - i have never been. Both my family and brad's family went the year we lived in Puerto Rico. Olivia said she wants to go to the reverent woods that she learned about in church.
62. get some stamps in our passports - if you have them, use them!
63. get the kids passports - we might as well take the little tikes along sometime
64. do the 12 days of Christmas for someone - we have to probably stay home for Christmas to do this.
65. reupholster the piano bench - it is in dire need
66. read 100 books - this should be fun
67. no yelling - Sister Hinckley's kids say that the never remember their mother raising her voice. i would like to be like her. wish me luck. i might have to put myself in time out a lot!
68. send 100 dresses to Africa for project hope and charity - little girls in Africa line up by how many holes they have in their dresses. Dresses are handed out starting with the girls who have the most holes. I hope this project will help teach us all, my kids and I, to be less selfish.
69. stick to our budget
70. pay off our student loans - use the left over money we have from sticking to our budget
71. go on a little house on prairie road trip - brad will love this one
72. teach Madelyn to stop biting - the sooner the better
73. declutter and spring clean the house - and summer clean and fall clean and winter clean
74. finish the girls blankets - i started these 2 years ago
75. read called to serve - the missionary handbook that we have been told repeatedly to read
76. successfully compost - i have failed for two years now at something people tell me you can't mess up
77. raise chickens - brad keeps saying no, i don't know why i want to
78. start making whole wheat bread for family
79. redo vanity - my parents are still storing it for me
80. read Jesus the Christ - i hear it is amazing
81. cook with whole foods
82. get 100 posts on blog - i am well on my way
83. start working on my master's degree - i need to use my brain again
84. write a memoir book of my grandparents - spend some time with them recording stories and asking questions. You only get to have these special people in your lives for a short time.
85. finish the Christmas photos albums i started for mom and brad's mom
86. go on a date with my husband at least once a month - i said at least once a month
87. figure out a chore system that works - this would be wonderful
88. hold family home evening on a weekly basis - no excuse
89. take an annual girls trip - no kids allowed
90. go on a shopping spree - i have always thought that it would be fun. How much money does it take to call it a shopping spree?
91. learn Latin, or at least start
92. sell something on eBay - i don't care what, just something
93. plant Shasta daises all over the yard - heaven!
94. pour a cement driveway - the kids would have a place to ride their bikes and i would have one less place to pull weeds
95. put house numbers on the house and/or the mailbox - this might be appreciated by others
96. hang Christmas lights - i bought some this year
97. clean - detail - the van - we all know that it needs it
98. get over my fear of public speaking - i am not quite sure how to go about this one
99. write a children's book - a least a rough draft
100. learn to cook good Chinese food and throw a great Chinese New Year Party - wanna come Lex? There will be lots of rice.
101. give a Book of Mormon to a friend - i need to share what i love
Friday, February 11, 2011
101 in 1001
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What's up? Are you just there temporary or what? It looks and sounds so cold there. Brrr...Your story of the carts was very funny, but I was cold just reading about it. I don't know what I'm going to do when I leave Paradise. Did you homeschool in Colorado, or is that just temporary too. I just started homeschooling my girls in Oct. and really like it. It would be fun to swap stories or ideas. email me sometime jellofamily(at)gmail(dot)com Take care
wow! that is amazing. i love some of your goals. i wanted to remake my list and put some of yours on my new list!! it has been pretty fun to work on and it makes me want to finish all of them at once!! it is really good to have them on your blog, it really does make you more accountable for your goals. good luck. we love you and miss you!!
Hi friend! This is a great idea! I love it! By the way...WHERE ARE YOU??!!
So cool! You are so inspiring! I would definitely have to plan that out on a week by week basis of what to accomplish each week. Good luck! I think it is an awesome idea! I would love to do Times Square at New Years! Jer & I love NY!! We should go together!! or on a cruise!! Let us know when you are in UT next!
lots of thoughts,I am oh so exsausted just reading the list. We can provide the heavenly daisies. Heather wants to do a church history tour this year lets do it together. Iam not a kid I want in on the girls outting. We have alway wanted to go to NYC and see a broadway musical. There are alot of people and the Ball dropping. We should have gotten you sighned up for the class at Gigy's on Chinese cooking the girls said it was fabulous. We will have to have them cook it for us if we ever see you again. We really miss you and hope we can see each of you soon! Who knows you might inspire me to accomplish something.
Post a Comment