Friday, February 25, 2011




We have now been in Canada for almost two months now. Brad is working on a wind turbine project. He is the geologist on the project. He pretty much stands out in the cold (freezing cold) all day long analyzing the core and rocks that come out of the ground. He seems to like it. He has grown himself a mighty fine beard to help keep his face warm. Sometimes, it is covered in icicles. He works with a great drill crew. The kids love them. They come over for dinner, go swimming with us, and show the kids around the site. They loved being spoiled by other people. The drillers always seem to have something for them, candy, glow sticks, money... In all of my drilling years, or I guess Brad's drilling years, I have never met a drill crew like these guys. Jake and Kirt are wonderful! One day they had my kids come to the site to get rides on the Marookas. Instead of giving the girls ride, they let the kids drive them. I was scared for my life at one point when I thought Olivia was going to take out a tree. Jake just laughed and let her continue to drive. We made it past the tree and Olivia was so proud of herself.

Canada has been a good change for us at this time in our lives. I have been able to focus on the kids. We spend all of our time together with basically no interruptions. (I do enjoy the breaks Brad gives me when he takes the kids out snow shoeing or sledding!) We get to spend our evenings being together as a family. We have been truly blessed to be together, in a nice warm house, and be able to experience this time in Canada together. The only thing I don't look forward to upon our arrival home is the Christmas decorations that are still up.

2 comments:

Jesica Lindsay said...

So before I read your post I was looking at the pictures and was trying to figure out who the mountain man was with the kids :)
Glad you guys are having a good time!

Jeff and Rebecca said...

Sounds awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves. And I'm sure you'll be glad enough to be back home despite the Christmas decorations. :)