Sunday, June 1, 2008

Family Update


We finally found a house and made the big purchase. We are still living in Colorado. We have really grown to love this area. For the last six months we have been tearing apart, rebuilding, and fixing up the house. I didn't realize we were taking on such a big project. Now that we are close to finished, and living in the house, I think that we can say that we are happy with the way it has turned out. (Until the septic backs up and floods the basement again!)

Our kids are growing up so quickly. Olivia is four now and too smart for her little britches. She is starting to sound out and write words. She loves learning new things, and doesn't stop asking questions. She loves being the oldest sister and telling Aubree what to do. Olivia spends most days playing outdoors. She recently told me that watching a movie was boring and would not do it.

Aubree is our little comic. She is not quite two and knows how to make us laugh. She pretends to sleep at the table when she doesn't want to eat her food, pretends to sing to music when she doesn't know the words, and pulls the strangest faces. She doesn't know what to make of having a new baby around. We really have to keep our eyes on her. She spends her days in the dirt and evenings in the bathtub.

Madelyn is our little angel. She sleeps and eats and sleeps some more. Madelyn wakes up once a night to eat, and that is usually not until five in the morning. The other day Olivia said, "I
thought babies are supposed to cry." We rarely hear her cry, she mostly just squeaks and grunts.

Brad is still self employed and really enjoying most of what he does. Nothing will ever compare to his last summer of chasing uranium. Most days at work are full of adventure for him. If his truck is not being washed away in a flash flood, he is running into bears in the mountains. He loves his girls and spends countless hours in the backyard playing with them. He is a wonderful father and husband.

I am lucky enough to be able to stay home with the girls. Most days are spent chasing after the kids and making sure the house doesn't fall down.

2 comments:

Jeff and Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness, Olivia looks so beautiful in that picture! She's getting too grown up. I think she and Aubree are both going to be beauties, one fair and one dark.

Jennifer said...

The bady is beautiful and the kids look great sorry I couldn't be at the blessing this weekend, My parents and I are heading to the mountains tonight and won't be back until next wednesday so take care and you've started something because my brother and me have pick up this blogging thing. Check out my site at jkstockberger.blogspot.com

This is really a great way to keep intouch with each other. Take care and I love all of you.