Monday, January 26, 2009

Finally finishing the girls room






We have lived in our house now for a year and have been working on it ever since then. We have started a lot of projects that are yet to be finished. I recently decided that we were going to finish the girls room. It was supposed to be their Christmas present. I found the bunk beds at a yard sale and made them blankets. So, even though we still don't have doors on the room or closet, I am about to cross this project off of the list.

13 comments:

Cristi said...

It looks AWESOME! And remember that crib Brad made-- fabulous! And I love how the bunk beds are dark-- it goes so well with the pink! We are thinking about bunk beds for the girls and seeing this gives me more confidence that they could do it!

Fun Family Times said...

It looks great, we know about it all taking forever. We are still working on our room! I love the blankets you made!

Jeff and Rebecca said...

It's so cute! I love the blankets you made. Pink and brown is super cute together. How great to have something finally done!

Kristyn said...

Kalie--I was doing some blog hopping and found you, and I just had to say "Hi". It's been way too long since I've seen you. I hope you guys are doing well. Your girls are darling!

Kimberly said...

OK so how cute is that bedroom!!! I love it and will have to keep the pictures from Halie or she will wonder why she doesn't have a pink girly room! That is awesome to have done and what a great feeling to cross those projects off the list!

Trichelle said...

That is such a super cute bedroom!! I love it. I'm working on getting Ivy's room done too...Since she got out of the crib, it's just been a mess. Hopefully I can find some motivation tucked in a corner or something.

Adventures in Heywood said...

I love girls' rooms in pink. There's something to be said for classic!

Zach and Erika said...

I love the room. Especially the chandelier! So cute. I love that you celebrated Chinese New Year. What a fun and creative mom!

mikkilynn said...

That room is adorable! I didn't realize you were so crafty. They look like pottery barn quilts...so cute!

Sherrie said...

Adorable!!!! Lucky little girls!!!!! You did a Fabulous job Kalie!!!!!

The Stilsons said...

You did a great job on the girls' room! I love the crib! We are still getting Brielle's room done. Nice to know we aren't the only ones without closet doors on. What a great "Susie Homemaker" you are! Homemade blankets, cinnamon rolls, & chinese dinner & activities. Way to go!! I am so impressed! I'm thinking I need to go try and bake something now.

Los Smiths said...

kalie, i am so impressed with your sewing skills...that is one skill that is on MY list!
kate

FRYER FAM said...

i love there quilts! did you say that you made them? talent. they are darling. i think my home will always be a work in progress because when i finally think i am done with everything. i want to change something again. go figure. i miss you. its been way too long. maybe you should take a "quick" trip to Arizona one day:) your parents are in my grandma & grandpas ward i guess. the one i used to be in with Amity.