I know that I am terrible at updating my blog, but I now have a new years resolution to keep it updated. I am doing pretty good so far seeing that it is the first day of the year and I am updating it, even though it is long overdue! I am also sorry that I never got Christmas cards out. I know this is the second year in a row and that is terrible. I even went to the trouble of getting people's addresses and printing labels. Oh well, I love you all and hope you had a wonderful Christmas! We spent Thanksgiving at my parents house this last year, and I am sad to say that I don't have any pictures to show of the good time we had. It is tradition, and has been for the last fifteen years, to go to Sherwood Hills and spend the weekend there after Thanksgiving. The girls had a wonderful time and love their indoor pool. It was also the start of the sickness which is being passed around the family and we just can't seem to kick it. Oh well, I guess it is just that time of year. Upon arriving home, we were quick to get into the spirit of Christmas and pull of our decorations out. 
I know that this picture is a little blurry, but it is just too cute not to add. Olivia sang a solo at our ward Christmas party this year and did such a wonderful job. She is growing up so quickly and is just a wonderful, beautiful little girl. Good job Livvy, you did a great job!
Last year when we bought our house, the old junker car on the side came with it. It has bothered me, and I am sure our neighbors too, and I am glad to say that Brad decided to get rid of it. I think that he had fun doing it!
Brad has been hard at work trying to get some things finished around our house. He got the trench dug for the propane line. When we bought the house, it had baseboard heating. We decided to rip all of it out and put in a forced air system. This trench has been on the top of Brad's to do list and he can happily cross it off now. That is if Brad were to make to do lists. He says that I make enough of them that he does not need to do it. So, I will cross it off of my list. 
Aubree didn't want anything to do with Santa this year. I am sure that will change.

The people that lived in our house before us were really big on privacy and planted trees around the yard that are too close together. Now that they have gotten bigger, the trees are growing into each other and do not have enough room to grow. So, our Christmas tree this year was one the spruce trees out in the yard, cut down, and topped off. It is completely dead in the back and so it is pretty flat, but we didn't care. That side was just scooted back next to the wall. It is a bit Charlie Brownish, but that is the way I like em. It has a lot of pine cones hanging in it, and it also had a birds nest. The girls think that it is great. 

Thanks to my sisters and parents, Brad and I were able to sneak away for a few days before Christmas by ourselves. It has been a long time, but it was nice to be together, alone! We went to San Diego and just relaxed. It was wonderful! Thanks Brad, I love ya. Thanks to my sitters as well, you guys are great. 
Bryce and Tessa gave the little girls tutus that Tessa made. Here is cute Emery in hers. The girls love them! Thanks guys.
We had a wonderful Christmas and were able to see all of our family, with the exception of one of Brad's brothers. It was wonderful to be with family. We love you all.

Aubree makes sure Madelyn is always taken care of. It is a little scary sometimes. Today, she was feeding her apple slices. 
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
So cute! I'm glad you finally posted some more stuff. :) I can't wait to see what else you add...
It was great seeing you all at Christmas!
I am glad that you are doing well. It is fun to see what you guys are up to.
Hey Guys, It looked like you had a great Christmas, isn't it so fun with kids!! You guys look great and your girls are beautiful, did I mention I have two strapping boys, he he!! Keep in touch Em
yeah! An update! Looks like you had fun holidays! Your girls are so cute!
I'm so glad you had a get-away! We just did, too. It's so important! And that's really cool about your Christmas tree!
It was fun to visit with your over the holidays! Your girls are so cute!! We wish you lived a little closer so we could get together more often. I think you are doing a great job at updating your blog. I am terrible. Jeremy does it better than me. It is fun to see what your lives are like in CO. Keep in touch.
hey K. your kids are darling looks like you had a great time at "home" wish we could have seen you too.
Post a Comment