Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year






Last night we celebrated the Chinese new year with our family. We ate sweet and sour chicken with rice, used chop sticks, made paper Chinese lanterns, listened to Chinese music, played games, learned about China, and gave the kids money in red envelopes. They thought the money was the best part. It was fun to break up the monotony of January if you know what I mean.




Today the girls and I made cinnamon rolls. We really needed something to do. So, what do we do, we make treats. What we would love is to be able to go to the park or jump on the trampoline. Our house was surrounded with fog and it was pretty chilly outside. I can't wait for the spring and the sun. To all of our friends and family in sunny Arizona and California, consider yourself lucky!

6 comments:

Sherrie said...

Your cinnamon rolls look so yummy!!!!! Kalie your family is so adorable!!! You are a great Mommy!!!!!!! I miss you and your family!!!!!!!!

FRYER FAM said...

what a great idea. i think i will try that sometime. Jordans brothers famiy actually lived in China for a few years. i can't believe how big your baby is already. cute kids.

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest mom! I love hearing about the fun ways you teach your girls! They are very lucky to have you that's for sure! Can't wait till next year when we can plan these things together. Love ya!

Trichelle said...

How fun is that? I need to think of things like that to do with Ivy, she's is so terribly bored!!

Jeff and Rebecca said...

That's a really fun idea. My sister does something like that, too, but I just can't ever get myself to go to all the effort. :)

McCleary Ways said...

Hey Guys!! What a fun celebration was it the famous sweet and sour chicken of Puerto Rico!!?? It so good to see you and your family Billy was just saying what goood people you are, that summer was so fun!!