For three days we let the house go and worked really hard on apples. We made 176 Quarts of applesauce and 45 quarts of apple pie filling. Earlier in the week made 48 gallons of apple cider. We took 4 trips to the orchard to pick apples and ate who knows how many apples. We now also have 5 bags of dried apples that we have been snacking on for the last couple of weeks. WE LOVE APPLES, but we are a little sick of them right now!
Saturday afternoon after scrubbing the kitchen floor, we packed up the kids and drove to a neighboring town’s park. The girls love to go to that park. We can spend hours there. I just enjoyed being with them and out of the kitchen.









7 comments:
Wow i love reading about your cute little family!! They are so much fun! What were they for Halloween?
Those Pictures Are So Dang Cute!!!- I can't believe you canned that much Kalie! You guys are AMAZING!!~>
I am so jealous!! I love anything to do with apples. I bet that was A LOT of work! I read your last couple posts and it sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. What a cute family!
wow what an accomplishment!! i need you to teach me how to can apples, especially since i have a great apple tree with so many wasted apples every year!!
uh - where are your halloween pictures? need to blog about that one, don't ya think. i want to see how they turned out.
I'm impressed! What a hard little worker you are. It feels good to see all those jars done huh? I always hated using them after all the hard work. :)
I must say that I am impressed by your canning skills!! I could use a few lessons! How in the world did you get that done with three little girls? You are awesome! Love all the cute pictures!!
WHOA!! I'm truly amazed at your skills. That is so awesome that you do all that. I need to learn, maybe you guys could move up here so you can teach me. hahah. I love how you always take so much time with your kids, you're such a good mommy.
Post a Comment