Sunday, October 5, 2008

Best Birthday Surprise

I just have to tell you what an amazing husband I have. Brad has been working fourteen hour days lately. He gets up and leaves at two in the morning and returns at four in the afternoon. He is currently managing a drilling project. I knew that he would not be able to get off for my birthday, which is what I really wanted. The morning of my birthday when I got up to take care of the kids, I woke up to a clean house and the curtain rod in the front room was hung up. (Something I have wanted forever now) It made me smile. I was playing with the kids when someone came into the house. It was Brad! He came home to spend the day with us. I don’t know how he did it, but I was grateful. He made us crapes with strawberries and peaches for breakfast. Yummy, my favorite. He arranged for a babysitter that day so we could spend some time together. After we went out to lunch, we went and played golf. Neither of us are very good, but we had a great time playing around and spending time together. We went out for ice cream cones and then ate dinner at the chili cook off at the fire station. I loved being able to spend time with him. That was the best birthday present of all. Oh, and we won’t forget the chocolate covered strawberries. You are the best Brad!

7 comments:

Zach and Erika said...

how sweet! sounds like you had a great day! Happy Birthday!

Cristi said...

What a studly hubby. Those Lindsay guys are rad, aren't they!?

Woodruff Family said...

I love all the new pictures! I'm glad that you had a good birthday! A day without kids- sounds heavenly!

kdlin said...

add us we're blogging now

mikkilynn said...

That sounds like a wonderful birthday...can your husband maybe come teach my husband a thing or two. I'm lucky if I get take-out! :) Happy Birthday!

kdlin said...

Thats awesome!!! I always knew that there was a good bone in him... ;) way 2 go bro!!!

kdlin said...

Not that he isn't ALWAYS good... :)