




We spent Easter in Ogden this year with Grandma and Grandpa Coy. On Saturday morning, Shay and I took the kids to the community Easter Egg hunt. Like always, we were running a little bit behind and got to the park about three minutes after the hunt began. Which means we missed it. Despite our late arrival, the kids managed to get plenty of candy. I think that some of the people there took pity on the poor late children. We spent the day at American West Heritage Center with the baby animals, and the night hanging out with the family eating pizza. Grandpa and Grandma were MIA due to the national cheer competition Alexi was competing in. She is head cheerleader at Weber State and has decided to make this her last year. So, taking first place in the competition was a good way to end her cheer leading career. Congratulations Alexi, we love you. Side story: A couple months ago during practice, Alexi was dropped on her head and ended up in the emergency room. I was telling Brad the story of what happened and Olivia was listening to me. Olivia loves fun aunt Alexi and has wanted to be a cheerleader just like her. Well, I later heard her talking to her friend about what happened to Lex. She said that the boys threw her up in the air and then decided to go get a sandwich and when she came back down, there wasn't anyone there to catch her. She said that she no longer wanted to be a cheerleader because she didn't want that to happen to her. It made me laugh, but I am okay with her not wanting to be a cheerleader! Anyways, Grandma and Grandpa made it back on Saturday night just in time for Easter. Grandpa made his special Easter breakfast and then the kids had to find their baskets that Bryce hid. That took a while. After the traditional egg hunt, Amity prepared a symbolic hunt for the kids. It was really neat and I think that a few of the kids learned something. After church we went to the high school and battled Bryce and Tess in crochet. Mom fixed the traditional Easter dinner which was delicious and we were able to spend more time together as a family. We don't get enough of that. We spent a good chunk of the day on Monday at Chucky Cheeses. What a fun place! We had 50 tokens and they lasted us a couple of hours. The kids had a blast. At one point Shay was missing. We found her off on her own playing arcade games. After we all met at the park and had another mean game of crochet. And then, because we didn't want the fun to end, we got babysitters and went out to dinner. I really miss my family!
Friday, May 8, 2009
Easter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We miss you too! I know I'm not exactly the family you were talking about but we do miss you. However you always seem to be around when we have a special or important event happen. Thanks for always making sure you're here for us. We love You!
Post a Comment